Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Grand Canyon

Since the only time I can update our blog is when I am at my parents, I don't exactly update very offten. But beleive me, I've got alot to update!

In June we went on a family vacation to the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon and then finally to our final destination, Cainveille, Utah. We had our family reunion in Cainville at a Hotel and met up with the whole fam there. Cainville is a very very small town in the middle of nowhere.

Dad, Mom, Shaun, Brandon, Mark, and me all drove up together. So our first night we camped out at a camp ground near the Grand Canyon. It was nice during the day, but I froze my booty off that night. It was so much fun camping! It brought back so many childhood memories. We went camping a lot when we were kids. Here is our our campsite.Look how close we are to the out house. It was the cleanest outhouse we have ever been in. It was clean and unscented. And it was nice and close to our campsite.

Here is where we had our campfire and ate food.

So the next morning we got up and went to the Grand Canyon and spent maybe an hour there. We just went on a small trail, about a quarter mile, and took pictures. Here is a picture of a butterfly on a flower that I saw on the trail.



Me taking a picture of myself with the Grand Canyon behind me (and my brother Shaun making a weird face)Pictures of the beautiful grand canyon

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Beautiful pictures! It's fun seeing where you've been!