Monday, October 19, 2009

We have been blessed...

Some people may call it luck, but I would say we have been blessed. So at work this week, we had a United Way meeting. At the end of the meeting they put everyones name in a drawing. Well I won a box of girlscout cookies. They were the Do-si-dos (peanut putter) cookies. I don't much care for peanut butter, so I let my department have half of them and took the other half home for Shawn. He LOVED them! If I would have known he liked them so much, I would have saved the whole box for him. =)

Anyway, on Friday last week, they had another drawing for anyone that donates some money to United may. For every dollar that you donate, you get a ticket that you write your name on and put it in a jar. That drawing was for 50% of all the cash that is collected. So I decided to donate $10.00. They took donations between 11:00am and 1:30pm. Well out of everyone who donated that day, my name was picked for the 50% of all the cash that was collected. So I ended up winning a total of $193.00. I was in total shock! I couln't believe it! My first thought was, we can go grocery shopping! But, then again, Shawn's breaks sound and feel like they are going out. So we might just have to use the money on his brakes. So I feel very blessed, to have won the money, because we could really really use it.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Wow that's awesome Tamara!

Anonymous said...

Cool Tamara. It's a blessing in disguise, I know exactly how you feel. It is good to notice those things, and give credit to Heavenly Father. He just may have had something to do with it :-)

Bobs said...

Isn't it great to be reminded that our Heavenly Father is aware of our needs. I sure have felt that lately in my life and I try to count my blessings when life gets hard.