Saturday, February 7, 2009

My last day at the branch

Well, yesterday was one of the sadest days and happiest days of my life! I have been a teller at Desert Schools FCU for 8 1/2 whole years and yesterday was my last day as a teller. That's pretty much the only happy part. The sad part is that I had worked at the same branch all 8 1/2 years and yesterday was my last day there. It was my second home and everyone I worked with was like family. I'm going to miss everyone soooooooo much. I had such a hard time leaving work yesterday. I only got a little choked up when I was saying my goodbyes and giving everyone hugs. But as soon as I got in my car to drive home, I lost it. I bawled the whole way home, and it's a 40 minute drive for me. Then I bawled again when I got home and read the poster that everyone signed for me. It's going to be hard for me not to see everyone everyday.

So yesterday morning, before work, a coworker, Jordan, took me to breakfast wherever I wanted. I had been craving Dunkin Donuts for a while because it had been years since I had eaten there. So that is where we went. I got my favorite, a bavarian cream doughnut and and everything bagel with cream cheese! Thanks Jordan! It was all very yummy!!!

For lunch my coworkers Debi and Cindy took me to lunch. They had planned on taking me to the Olive Garden all week. So we got there and there was a 20 minute wait. Well we only have a 60 minute lunch break, so we went next door to Mimi's Cafe'. They also had a wait, but said they could seat us right away if we ate outside. It was a gorgeous day outside, so of course we decided to stay there and eat. It was very good, but not as good as the Olive Garden would have been. Thanks Debi and Cindy for taking me out to lunch. You two are the greatest!

We had a superbowl potluck the Friday before the superbowl and I made sugar cookies shaped like footballs. Well Jordan seemed to really like them and told me to make some for my last day and put on them, "I heart Jordan." I told her I would.

So there is a tradition at out branch that a coworker, Vanessa, made up and we have all stuck to it throughout the years. The tradition is that on your last day you have to bring in cookies for everyone. So, of course, I brought cookies in yesterday. I made sugar cookies that were all heart shaped since I love everyone I worked with, plus it's the month of love. I made some really special cookies for Jordan, as promised. She's only been at our branch for a few months but I feel like I've known her forever. She's one of those people that everyone loves. So I made a couple bigger cookies that said 'I heart Jordan.' I really wish I would have taken a picture of them. Everyone really enjoyed my cookies, because there was only one and a half cookies left at the end of the day. So I know that recipe is a keeper.

Well on Monday, I will be starting a new adventure with Desert Schools FCU. I will be working at the main building in Phoenix in the consumer lending department as a title clerk. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while. I'm going to be working back office, so I won't have to deal with member face to face any more!!! Yeah!!! I will have my own desk, computer, and just my very own SPACE. I am excited for this opportunity, but I know it's going to be a huge change for me. I am very nervous for my first day. I am going from knowing everyone (even members) to not knowing anyone. And from knowing everything, to not knowing anything. I hope that everyone likes me and that I do well in this new position.

8 comments:

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Tamera! Hey!! How are you? It's always so good to hear from old Desert Schools people!! To this day I always say that was one of my most fav jobs!! We had the coolest group of people!! I'm working at U of P and would go back to being a teller in a heart beat if I could keep the pay I have right now! My husband Jeff actually works at Desert Schools now. Congrats on the new position, you will do awesome! It was nice to hear from you! :)

Laura Gilgen said...

Good luck on the new Job.

Bobs said...

How exciting! a new adventure! You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

I am sure that you will like the new position. It definately is soooo nice to have your own space! I totally know what you mean about feeling sad about leaving too. I loved working with everyone there and I wasn't there for near as long as you! Good to hear from you! Thanks for keeping in touch! I am glad to see that you keep in touch with Ellie (aka Elisa) as well. I love her. Oh, and I saw your post about the Amara resort in Sedona. That's where we went on our honeymoon and I highly recommend it!

Anne said...

I'm excited about your new job but I know it's hard to say good bye (and after so long, I can't blame you for crying!) Good luck girl, you'll be great!

Melanie said...

8.5 years, wow that WOULD be hard to leave! But a new job will hopefully be a nice fun adventure, and I'm sure you'll grow to love the new people you work with! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hope your new position is going well!

Andrea said...

Sounds like a wonderful last week there. That is so nice that they took you to breakfast and lunch. Also, that's extra sweet of you to bring in cookies on your last day. I'm sure your last day at work was hard but you are off to newer things. Change is always scary at first but you will do wonderful! Wooo hoo! I'm so excited for you to start your new job!

P.S.- I got your message the other day. I will give you a call back, it's just been crazy because everyone here (except me and Justin so far) are sick.