Saturday, February 14, 2009

My first week...

Well, this was my first week to work back office in the titles department and I've got to say that I absolutely LOVE it! It is the greatest! I feel like I am learning everything fairly quickly. There is a lot to learn! I've already got the system that they use down, piece of cake, but like I said there is a lot to know and learn! I can't wait until I get the hang of everything!

Here are the pros and cons to my new job. First I'm going to name the cons, since there are so few of them. One con is that I have to drive on the I-10 everyday. It's not too bad, but I'm used to driving in no busy traffic at all. At the end of the day driving from the 143 to the I-10 is a pain also. Another con is that I don't get to eat lunch at my parents house everyday, like I did before. =( But I have been very good and brought a lunch to work everyday this week. And one more con is that I don't get to see all my friends from the branch everyday(but I do get emails from some of them everyday). So those are pretty much my only cons.

I've got a lot of pros! First of all I have my own desk. It's a big desk too, that is shaped like a lowercase 'n' so it's all around me and I have so much room. I share a laser printer with several people but it is right on my desk where I can reach it and I don't have to get up to get any papers that I print. I get to decorate my desk however I want to. So far I have brought in my mini fan, a radio, and a mousepad. I will get some pictures together this weekend that I can put all around me. I get to eat at my desk any time! I've been eating my lunch there, because the break room is just so lonely! I can take breaks anytime! I get to work at my own pace. I'm never bored, because there is always something to do, which makes the days just fly by! I have a set schedule Monday thru Friday 9-6. I love that! I can finally make plans in advance since I have the same schedule everyday! No more working on Saturdays!!!! There are no closing duties. So a few minutes before 6:00pm I just have to throw my shred away, and lock up any member sensitive info in my desk and leave right at 6:00pm. I work about a mile or two down the street from where Shawn works, so we can go to lunch together every now and then! Unfortunaly we can't carpool because his hours are 7-4. But that would be very nice! I get a badge with my name on it that alows me to park in the gated lower level employee parking. It also gets me on the elevator and in and out of a lot of doors. I feel so special. Everyone I work with is very nice! It's a very relaxing and stressfree job. I wish I would have done this years ago, but I was afraid of change. I think I got all of the pros. It's just a whole bunch of fun and I love it! It doesn't feel like work, because I enjoy what I'm doing and I can talk to people araound me, as I'm working, about anything and everything. (No more getting shushed for talking or laughing too loud on the teller line).

Here is my cute little mousepad that I have at my desk I got it several years ago as a Christmas present and haven't really had a need for it until now! Isn't it cute?

So once I have my desk all situated I will have to take a picture of it so you can see where I work everyday! =)

2 comments:

Laura Gilgen said...

I am glad you had a good week at work.

Anne said...

I'm glad it's turning out great! We actually have the same mouse pad, haha. Will is obsessed with it!